Fund Accounting (The Netherlands)
Circle Partners is looking to expand its team! We have several vacancies within our Fund Accounting teams and we are interested in candidate with different levels of knowledge and experience.
We are an independent fund administrator providing a comprehensive range of specialized fund administration solutions to established investment managers and those launching start-up funds. We are committed to providing the highest quality client service and take a hands-on approach to fund administration, customizing our solutions to meet the individual needs of our clients.
The Fund Accountant has contact with both clients and other departments within the company. So, more than anything, we are looking for someone who is ambitious and good at building and maintaining professional relationships.
You will start with a training on our systems in place. You will then be introduced to the day-to-day activities of the Fund accounting team that requires you to communicate with the team and fund managers, switch between different tasks and multiple funds, set priorities and follow-up on outstanding items. Depending on your level of knowledge and expertise, some of your daily tasks may be:
• Daily processing of investment transactions;
• Processing non-trade related (cash movements etc.) transactions;
• Preparing books of account by compiling accounting records from independent sources;
• Reconciling account statements and balances;
• Pricing the portfolio;
• Calculating income and expense accruals and fees and calculating the Net Asset Value of shares;
• Computation of income and expense accruals;
• Computation of management and performance fees and all other fees and expenses;
• Preparing financial statements ( DUTCH GAAP/IFRS) tailored to client requirements, including statements of assets and liabilities, operations and changes in net assets;
• Liaison with external auditors;
• Correspondence with banks and custodians;
• Guide and provide training to junior member;
• Oversight, planning and coordination of workload and activities performed by junior members of the team;
• Authorize payments.
• Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or similar field
• At least 2 years experience in a similar position
• Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language
• Ambition to develop, and to broaden and deepen your knowledge
• We offer a competitive salary and good secondary benefits
• The possibility to develop yourself professionally within the company
• A great working environment in an international, dynamic, growing organization
If you find the function description interesting and requirements to match your profile, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org